Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tball, and more




So Sean started Tball a few weeks ago the first game was a little rough but with each game he is getting better and better.

It is so hard to see him run after hitting the ball and fall down. He always gets himself up but I wish he didn't have to fall down either. We are waiting to get his new AFO turbo where we can use it as an AFO or an SMO.

Dr. G. wants us to wear the AFO when he is active which for a 4 year old boy is 100% of the time he is never not active or he never sits still.

We are back to getting PT weekly because of the falling as well. It just stinks that every time he has a growth spurt he gets pushed back the damn strokes fault.

He has to wear dual SMO's right now until we get the new turbo but it will be a few weeks, and he has to wear an AFO night time brace. We have to bribe with stickers and ice cream to get him to wear it all night.

Other than that Sean is doing great we are about to finish this session of swim lessons and we start a new one next Monday but they are moving him up to levels because he can do everything he needs to. He is going to be with 5 and 6 years olds. We had to get special permission to move him up since he is not old enough. We are so proud of him.

As for the baby and I we are hanging in there. I see the doctor every two weeks because I am high risk and I get my shot every week.

We just had an u/s and my cervix is still long, thick, and closed at 4.6cm which is great news. I go back to Loyola for another my f/u u/s on the choroid plexus cyst on her brain in less than a month! I just pray that it is gone.

Until next time here are a few pictures of our little girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry to be late to the party on the choroid plexus cyst issue, just wanted to mention that my LO, due 8/20, had one of these too at the 19w scan. I was told there were no other signs of a problem and since my first tri screening came back at 1/100,000 for trisomy 18 (the only problem that has been associated with CPCs), that I shouldn't worry. My OBG advised me NOT to get an amnio because my chances of having a sick baby were FAR smaller than the chances of miscarriage following an amnio. I don't even get any follow up scans, that's how little my dr thinks of this issue. I on the other hand am a worrier so I've worried. And researched. But most of the research I've done has been positive and I have a gut feeling everything is fine. T18 is a devastating condition and normally would present other signs like clenched fists, cleft lip, increased nuchal fold/transluscency, baby very small for dates, etc. If you are having scans fairly often due to being high risk and everything is continuing to check out ok, there is probably nothing to worry about. Also, if you've had any blood serum screenings and they've come back normal, this reduces the chances of a problem even further. Feel free to email w/ any questions or just to commiserate. I don't care how many times 'they' tell me not to worry, it's scary to hear results like these. astrid.del@gmail.com

jag said...

Wow! So glad to hear of all the activities Sean's doing! Sounds like he is full of energy!

Prayers for good news at your next appointment.

Jessica said...

I just found your blog a few days ago from google. I just wanted to say thank you for writing your blog. I haven't gotten to read too much just yet, but it is comforting to read someone else story.

We just found out 2 weeks ago that our youngest son (10 mths)has brain damage. We have known for about 8 months that something was wrong with his brain, but just found out that he suffered a stroke late in my pregnancy. We don't know what this means for him long term, but are praying for the best.

I feel so lost because I know nothing about strokes, much less pediatric strokes.

Again, I just wanted to say thank you for telling your story. Any advice you may be able to give I would greatly appreciate it.

Arti said...

Family grows where love flows. Be it for a sibling or for a friend or for a passion, or for a pursuit, at the end it is only love that holds the independent individuals in the family together. Love is such a significant component here, that it can make a family out of a stranger, just as the absence of it can turn members of a family into strangers. To get a real understanding of how love changes and influences our lives, do visit the blog at http://oneworldacademy.wordpress.com/

Chele said...

Finally finding time to check blogs. Hoping all is well with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog was awsum check this out Latest Funny Jokes

Powered By Blogger