So I went to the hematologist and he reviewed my dads, and Sean's blood work and he said that he is pretty sure just by the blood work of both my father and my son that I have the same blood disorder.
Sean's protein c and protein s levels are low and are considered a def. he said he tested me for both of those (hopefully will get the results next week)
He said if I do indeed have the protein def. I can not be on birth control, and most likely my ob will send me to a high risk ob the next time we decide to get pregnant and that I would need treatment for the blood so I won't clot as easily.
He told me there is no way to increase protein levels and that if I do decide to get pregnant again the next baby may have the same blood disorder. He mentioned that he didn't think this blood disorder or def. alone caused Sean to have the stroke but it could put him at risk later on.
It just makes me so emotional knowing that there is a chance that this could happen again, and it is not fair for anyone to go through this.We are still waiting to get to see the pedi hematologist still.........................