Wednesday, November 12, 2008

After our meeting with the school

I feel much better after meeting with the school. I got to learn a lot about what the process is and how it works. I still have to say it is very hard for parents who work to be able to take advantage of this process.

But they believe Sean would qualify of course we have to do an evaluation and that is in January so it is still a little less than two months away. But based on his medical history and what we talked about and discussed they don't see why he couldn't qualify.

Qualifying is not my biggest concern, my biggest concern is how to make it work with us having to work. There is a bus and they explained how there is a driver and another adult present at all times and how they get picked up and dropped off. So the bus is one option but I am not totally comfortable with that.

The other is the preschool we are on the wait list for is in another suburb but since it has elementary grade levels it is consider a private school at the district it is located in maybe able to offer us therapy. We are trying to figure it all out.

The school he could go to in our district and city would be 4-5 days a week for 2.5 hours and I thought we could go get him during our lunch break and bring him to his daycare for the rest of the day but that would lunch break everyday. He doesn't have to go to there school m-f so maybe some days would work?

So we need to fill out a huge packet and go from here. We have a lot of choices to make over the next few weeks and months. It is hard because we know he needs the services now we just need to find away to make the services work. I wish I knew someone who could drop him off in the morning it starts at 9:05.... ugh ugh ugh

Lots to think about but I am very happy that my sil went with me to help explain things to me and take notes. I know it will work out some how it is just so hard to figure out what to do and how to make it the best for Sean.

more later

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i know this must be so difficult, but you are doing a fantastic job! i have faith that everything will work out!

Barbara said...

I'm from Canada so I have no idea how your system works but then again I don't really know how ours will work either. All of this stuff is hard enough without having to fight to get what your child needs all the time. Good luck with getting it all figured out.

Popcorn House said...

Thank you so much for your posts. I always learn so much from your blog. You are a great mom and I am glad that I "found" you. It is nice to read about what you guys have gone through so I am more prepared for when we go through this. I know it doesn't help you....LOL, but anyways, just thanks for sharing all of this!!!

I was wondering if you could ever make a blog entry on toys that you like. I am looking at what to get Sammy for Christmas and I wondered if you had any suggestions. He is 20 months! Thanks. If you don't want to blog about it, maybe you could send me an email.

suzanneward79@gmail.com

AGAIN THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you feel better after meeting with the school. i hate that everything's so complicated...I just wish we could have something to smoothly...oh well. sounds like you guys have several good options, so that's great!

Powered By Blogger