Friday, April 18, 2008

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" by Theodore Roosevelt.

Stop and look up at the clouds! This has lots of different meanings, depending on what stage or part of life you are in as a person, as a couple, or as a family. This quote really moved me because it hits home.

"Do what you can"- I can only do what I can at this very moment. I can not control what the future will show or tell us or do anything about Sean's appointment being so far away. What I can do is enjoy every moment, every laugh, smile and live in the moment. To try to not worry about next week, next month, or next year.

I just need to do what I can with what I have. What I have is an amazing son, husband, family, and friends. "With what you have" you make what you have and if you have something you don't like you can change things. I know I can not change that Sean had a stroke, or that he was born premature or that I have been told that he has a mild for of cerebral palsy. But things I can do about it is make other people aware, continue with all four of Sean's weekly therapies, stay strong, and shower him with the most love one can give.

I do what I need to with what I have but it is also important to remember my self and where I am. "Where you are" is also important because it involves you or in this case "me." It is important to love everyone and everything around you but you also need to remember to love yourself and to continue doing those things you love. Making me time is very important part for me because I am under a lot of stress with everything going on with Sean, work, and just life. Making me happy helps make everyone else in my life happy.

I made another blanket last night- it is a lot of fun for me to do. Yes I know I am making those blankets for Sean but making them while relaxing at night once he is in bed. I also plan to get a massage, and get into yoga again. It will help me in every aspect of my life to just take a moment to sit still, be calm, breathe, to relax and to remember to look up and enjoy the clouds.

So please "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"- Theodore Roosevelt

Bye for now~

Erin

1 comment:

Mommy07 said...

What a sweet post. I am glad you are making time for yourself! I took a nap yesterday afternoon for the first time in over 5 months and it was wonderful!

Powered By Blogger